Friday, August 20, 2004

The Pleasure of My Company by Steve Martin

So, Steve Martin is an author too, but is he any good? The Pleasure of my Company is his second fiction, the first being Shopgirl - which I have not read.

To be honest, I wasn't sure what to expect from reading this book. I'm generally a person who likes some pleasure from my reading experience, or rather, for something interesting to happen in the story or to the character. (Which is why I tend to gravitate towards fantasy, with it's high-falutin' plots and extraordinary events and characters.) Although interesting things do happen to Daniel Pecan Cambridge (the main character) it isn't something I'd call very exciting.

My review, which appeared in today's The Star (especially if you want to read the last line!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home