Saturday, March 12, 2005

Popular warehouse sale

Venue: Summit shopping centre, USJ, Subang Jaya, Selangor
Date: From today until March 20
Time: Starts at 10am
Discounts: until 70%, 90% for Popular members

I have to say that I practiced great restraint! I still spent RM200 over thanks to the huge and s0-heavy-that-it'll-cave-someone's-head-in National Geographic coffee book (~RM49) and House Beautiful's Decorating ideas for small spaces (~RM79). Bought three decorating mags for RM5 each (yes, I love interior decorating) and a couple of paperbacks.

The Big deals: Some paperbacks are being sold for RM10! Some starting at RM5, particularly Angel (the television show) and Buffy novels. And the books being sold at RM10 are not those crappy books you never want to read but books by popular authors ... Vince Flynn's Seperation of Power, David Baldacci (spelling wrong, pretty sure) etc.

Fantasy books: This is purely for eyeris. Yes, there are some scattered here and there. I bought one for RM10. They're selling some of Terry Brook's books for RM10 as well. The selection isn't as fantastic as the Time's warehouse sale, but it's close to good.

Non-fiction: So many it boggles the mind. Good selection, but prices not so good ...

What's not so good: The queues are damn long and damn slooow. I would say, avoid the Sunday crowd! But you might miss some good books, I guess. I don't know, but this seems to be the case for Popular sales ... they only have three counters open ...

1 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, Blogger HomeSellerMax said...

I read you blog and thought it was great! But you can also find Free Stuff at HomeSellerMax

 

Post a Comment

<< Home